Monday, April 18, 2011

Killer Duck

This guy looks cute and sweet right? Not like an instrument of death or anything. We've had this bath toy for a couple of years and since he is white I started noticing some black splotches from inside.

Because I'm sick and twisted I was dying to perform surgery on this guy and here's what I found...
Oh Gross! Black slimy mold inside festering away, threatening to infect our household with flesh eating bacteria. Okay maybe that's a bit dramatic. But still gross wouldn't you say?
And to be clear, I do try to squeeze out all the ducks at the end of bath time, so this is just from the wet residue that's left behind. Yes it's true, your bath toys will kill you.

5 comments:

Love, Strength, Hope said...

EEEwww, ewwww,ewwww.
I have a ban on bath toys -- only allow actin figures.
Did I say Ewwwwww???

phasejumper said...

Not surprising (I throw away bath toys all the time.) but still gross.

Katie said...

Ok! Gonna go home and throw away all the squeezable bath toys!! YUCK

JennyDillBrown said...

I've been known to suck rubbing alcohol up into our rubber ducky and swish it around. Some awesome stuff comes out when you do that.

Anonymous said...

When Vicki was about 2 or 3 I noticed some black goo floating around the tub, and for the longest time I couldn't figure it out. It couldn't have been coming from her - I was her all the time. Then I finally realized it was the evil ducks. I threw them all away and won't have them anymore :( I agree Eeeewwwwwww.