Saturday, January 24, 2015

Revitalizing the Baby Blog

When I started this blog back in 2006 (which now feels like ancient history right?), it was because we were announcing a pregnancy. Before the widespread use of things like Facebook, for a long time this served as the way to keep our family abreast on what was going on.

I've written about a million things since then and taken a few nice blogging hiatusi. But it looks like we're back to square one, announcing another pregnancy!

Tessa and Charley holding a grain of rice, which is about how big baby #3 is right now. I have an app that compares the baby to a food size. I'd love to get a pic of the kids holding that item every week. Already they are amazed at how tiny it starts. Fun fact...the first time I was pregnant, nobody had ever heard or used the word 'app'. 


So to answer some questions you may be having at this point....

-I'm feeling great! Tired but no sickness yet. I'm a vitamin junky because of my bariatric surgery. For that reason I will have to closely watch my intake, hydration and weight gain. I'm wondering if my small portion size is actually working in my favor to stave off pukey feelings. Better not jinx myself though. As soon as I say that I feel great, I might find myself puking.

-Due Sept. 16th. Although both other kids came on their own at 39 weeks so I've got my eyes set more toward Sept. 9th.

-I find it strange that people have been asking me if this is a big 'oops'. Uh no. It's not. That's all you need to know about our fertility.

-I told Jeremy he needs to check out the attic and see what baby stuff we had left. I know for sure we sold or gave away all our baby clothes. And I know for sure we still have a crib, changing table and high chair stored up there. So I figure we're good. Wisdom and experience has shown me that you really don't need that much...carseat, boobs, diapers and a place to sleep. Good, we've got it.

-Like with Charley, we've decided to not find out the sex or announce the name until the day it's born. So the world will have to wait a loooooong time. The kids will be the first to know, once they arrive at the hospital.

-We've also decided not to turn our 4th bedroom into a nursery. It will remain a guest room so all of our out of state family can still come and comfortably visit us. We'd like to keep it that way as long as we can. So baby will live in our room with us until he/she is old enough to move in with big brother/sister. Both kids think that's a pretty cool idea (although we'll see how they feel about in a few years). For now, the guest room stays a guest room.

-We did in fact lease a new car already. Both of us had very small cars so it was just a matter of time really. And although it looks like hyper-preparedness to get a big car almost as soon as the pee stick showed a plus...the timing really had more to do with our leasing plan using the family discount we get, and the fact that our dealership had a 5K rebate on Ford Flexes if you leased one before February. So, that's a done deal. Ready for another car seat.

1 comment:

Jersey Mama said...

Hurray for another Bennington Baby! So exciting!