Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sweet Baby James

Today we went down to Columbus to visit my friend Blythe and her new baby. Blythe and I were college roomies. We go back a long way, see?....
circa 2000

Blythe and her husband adopted James into their family at the end of April, so he's still newbie.
I love holding a new floppy little baby. They make little snorty sounds like pigs and look at you with buggy eyeballs and fart outloud without a care in the world. Ah, I remember these baby days well.

He took a nap on me for a nice long time and I didn't complain.


While we visited, the kids played for a long long time on the awesomely cool commons playground. This place a great local treasure for kids and free! AND...air conditioned indoors!

Can you spot Tessa three stories up at the tippy tippy top? Don't worry, totally safe and foolproof.
After that we went to an old timey ice cream parlor across the street. Charley was more than eager to help with the stroller pushing.
I see London. I see France. I see Star Wars underpants....on Charley, not Blythe.

All in all it was a great day. We are so happy for Blythe and Scott and excited to watch this little guy grow.

No comments: