Friday, November 10, 2006

16 Week Doc Appt.

Well I flew solo to my 16 week appointment yesterday. No worries- nothing important happened so Jeremy didn't miss anything. It was actually very quick.

-- I heard a heartbeat with the dopplar. It was much stronger and more clear than when we heard it in the ER (11wks). Kinda sucks Jeremy missed that- but we'll hear it lots more times!

-- I was informed I'm gaining too much weight, just as I suspected. I've gained 13 lbs since beginning of pregnancy- about 10 of it since my appt one month ago-yikes! So I'm going to be very careful about charting my food. In addition to my daily walking in Bradford Woods- Jeremy and I have decided to spend our xmas money for each other to buy a used exercise bike. Good present!
So from now on I'm to gain 1 lb a week and no more- that puts me at around 35 total. Wish me luck!

-- I set our 'big appointment' for December 14th. We will get a good ultrasound and will be able to see the sex. He said to bring a VHS tape if we want it on tape- but we don't have a working VCR anymore- haha! Will have to figure out how to convert to dvd!

So yes we have decided to find out the sex! Not so much for the merchandise issue (nursery will be jungle either way)- but I like the idea of having that extra 'bonding' and plus I'm too impatient- can't wait any longer!

That's all there is to report right now. Jeremy gets in late tonight and I get him for about a day and a half before he heads to MI to go hunting! We're going cosmic bowling tomorrow night- I will use a kiddie ball!

:) LB

No comments: