Thursday, December 06, 2007

Stranger in a Strange Aisle

Since we use cloth diapers and wipes, homeade baby food and Tessa is breastfed...I am a total idiot in the 'baby aisle'. Well we are going to CA and Seattle next week (yay!) so I had to venture there for disposable diapers, disposable bibs and some jarred baby food.

Holy monkey is that aisle overwhelming! I couldn't find the disposable bibs to save my life but I knew that they existed...they are paper so I don't have to worry about washing her bibs in the hotel next week. After finally finding them in a hidden corner behind some diapers, I stared cluelessly at the baby food wall for like 10 minutes. What the heck is a stage 1 or stage 2 baby food? I wanted to get some of Tessa's faves like peas and squash but didn't know if 'stage 2' meant a certain age?

I contemplated asking a fellow shopper but thought she might think I'm an idiot with my almost 8 month old....thinking perhaps I hadn't fed or diapered my child in all this time. Isn't a suburban housewife supposed to be an expert in such topics?

So I just guessed and grabbed some different choices...I plan to buy more when we get to CA. Luckily I did know what kind of diapers to buy- Luvs. All of the other brands of sposies have caused us leaks in the past.

I didn't know that would be so hard!

3 comments:

Stephany said...

you're so environmental and wholesome - when I have a baby can you come out here and do the cloth diapers and home made food thing while I work?

Stephany said...

you're so environmental and wholesome - when I have a baby can you come out here and do the cloth diapers and home made food thing while I work?

Anonymous said...

Laura:

Tessa should be eating Stage 2 baby foods. And I think all brand name disposable diapers are equal in quality. I buy what is on sale and what I have coupons for.