Friday, August 09, 2013

Start of School and Changes for Mommy

On Wednesday the kids started the school year. Tessa in First Grade and Charley in Pre-K. Best part, at the same school! I cannot express enough how awesome it is to have them in the same place. And assuming we continue to be happy with this school, they'll be there until they graduate high school.

They were both ready to go and have positive reports from the first week. We're pretty lucky that at least at this age, both kids love going to school.


Charley will go three mornings a week, meaning I have approximately 10 hrs to myself. I'm hoping that it works out that on Tuesday mornings I do my allergy shots and other errands, on Wednesday mornings I exercise, and on Thursday mornings I do some sort of personal enrichment like bible study.

It sounds really anal when I map it out like that doesn't? I know, I can't help it...I like to plan and schedule. It keeps me sane as well as the other members of my household. And also, I want to make sure I don't always use my time for watching Games of Thrones on my iPad.

Not to say that that won't happen, because it will.
What is strange to think about is that next year Charley will be in all day Kindergarten and I will suddenly have tons of time on my hands. I can't even imagine it.

I don't plan to ever go back to a full time job, but I've successfully started a home business that brings in some extra dough and gives me something to do. And basically...I'm open to whatever God has in store, including more babies. I just don't know for sure.

What I do know for sure is that I'll pick them up every day at 3pm and will continue to spend as much time with them as I can, doing my most important job.

No comments: