Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Gardening Time

I just wanted to show off my little garden, one of my summertime hobbies. Even though we're in a drought right now our garden is doing great- it's the only thing we're watering, so our grass is all brown and crunchy.

Tessa and I have a busy week coming up- zoo tomorrow, several lunches out planned with friends and fam, and we are starting our PACE class on Monday (Parents and Children Exercise)...the aerobics class with strollers- yay!


Our Rosemary tree- a gift from Grammie and Grampie Bennington. If anyone out there has any good recipes using Rosemary please pass them along. I love it, especially the way it smells...but I'm not real creative in using it in the kitchen

Our 'postage stamp' garden...2 tomatoes, 6 zuchinnis, 4 bananna peppers, 3 eggplants, basil, dill, parsley and thyme. The little buds coming up in the back right corner are okras!


For the 5th year in a row I've got one of Papaw's hanging tomato plants. Why continue to do a hanging mater now that I have the yard room for a garden?- tradition that's why! No I will never tell how I get those tomato seeds to grow upside down ;)
And to truly show my recently honed domestic diva-ness, I offer a good summer recipe:
In a reynolds wrap pouch combine:
-- a small bag of shrimp
-- 1/2 cup diced fresh basil from the garden
-- 1 tbsp diced fresh garlic
-- 1 tbsp olive oil
-- 1/2 cup chardonnay
-- pinch salt
Seal pouch and grill for 15 min
Serve over 3 cups whole wheat pasta tossed with 2 tbsp olive oil and 1/2 cup parmasean cheese. Serves 2 people.
If you measure it precisely this way the whole dish is 12.5 WW points!

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Nice garden! I can't wait to have a yard I own to have one of those!! :)

BrookZ said...

hi laura, i am going to try your recipe! i have a pot of basil on my deck that i grew this summer can't wait to try it! i also have rosemary, green onions, and parsley! i may expand next year!

i will send you a few really good WW recipes on myspace this week!