Monday, May 21, 2007

Discovering New Things

Hayden stands guard while Tessa enjoys her new toy



We're enjoying lots of new things around our house, like....
---Our HVAC system- woot! Our house in finally 72 degrees for the first time since we've lived here. Long story short our air ducts were all kinds of messed up from an add-on the previous owners had done and the system was on it's last legs. So we're super poor now because we had to fix both. But no more space heaters, electric blankets or box fans!!

-- The pacifier. I had hesitated to give her one at all, and waited until 4 wks but it's now our best friend. She was 'snacking' a little more often than I liked. She would sometimes nurse for 5-10 minutes only every hour or so, and I think alot of it had to do with the comfort of suckling. With the pacifier we've been able to space out her feedings better and calm her down more easily at bedtime. Yay!

-- The play mat. Okay so she doesn't really care about the play mat yet but we got one. She's supposed to be doing tummy time on it right now but just fell asleep. The dogs are interested in it though.

-- Weight Watchers. It's official, I am a member! I started yesterday and will attend my first meeting this week. With breastfeeding I get a whopping 43 points...which translates into about 2200 calories. So dieting will be alot easier than it has in the past. Wish me luck!

-- A walking partner. Many thanks to my friend Traci, also a stay at home mom, who has offered to walk with me in the mornings. Today was our first day!



No comments: