Monday, March 15, 2010

A Lovely Weekend

The kids were happy this past week because I got a Scentsy, which is a very cool flameless candle type thing that I can forsee becoming addicting. It's a consultant business so who knows, maybe I'll even sell them someday.

Back to the box....the kids have been playing with it for about 5 days now and still aren't tired of it. Tessa will get all the way in and close it up, and if you act like you are going to throw the box away she'll pop out and say "I'm not trash, I'm Tessa!"

Friday night we went to our church talent show and I gussied up Tessa's hair. I was able to get a perfect bonafied Peggy Olson ponytail in the back but I think the front looked a bit like a hasidic Jew. Luckily the curls loosened and it was super cute.

At the talent show I sang a song called "Easy Silence" along with a very talented young guitar player. It was fun and so good to be behind the mic. It's been a year or two. Jer says I looked a little nervous, guess the PMO days are long behind me.


If you read Jeremy's post from Saturday, he referenced that Mom and I were off doing 'girlie things'....no we weren't getting mammograms or anything. We hit power hours at Kohl's, got pedicures at the mall and had lunch.

Now my feet are all ready for sandals, and the temperatures dropped again. Argh!

I've been putting these feetsies to work. We have two months until we are walking 13 miles in the Indy 500 Mini Marathon. I hear the thump thump of Jeremy on the treadmill right now, as we've been taking turns walking for an hour or so in the evenings. Yesterday I made it through the whole movie "Precious"...4 miles. Today, my hips are killing me. Ugh, will I ever make 13 miles?

Oh and of course, Happy 7th Anniversary to my hubs! Saturday night we went out for a delicious sushi dinner and NO kids. 7 years well spent!

2 comments:

TLS said...

Happy Anniversary!!

phasejumper said...

The Hasidic Jew comment cracked me up! You've inspired me to move my elliptical machine out of our bedroom (where it is collecting dust) and in front of the t.v. Happy Anniversary!