Monday, February 21, 2011

My Cookie Project Recipe 14- Avocado Lovers Unite!


We love avocados. I mean really, who doesn't? Not only are the delicious, they are super healthy for you. I read once that if you had to be stranded on a deserted island with two sources of nutrition, that you should chose lentils and avocados.

Basically I'm just hoping that doesn't happen. I also require diet coke and the occasional glass of red wine for survival.

Avocados were Tessa's first meal, and also Charley's. Now that pureeing is long behind us, they still enjoy an occasional Avo sandwich. They're just around our house alot. So the other day I was laying in bed wondering...I'm sure there's such a thing as an avo cookie!


There is! So today I gave it a try...an avocado raisin cookie.

It's not as crazy as it sounds. The avo basically replaces some of the butter, and gives the cookies sort of a nutty flavor.

I was hoping they would be nuclear green, not so much.


They are good but nothing to write home about. Basically it tastes like an oatmeal raisin cookie to me. I left the walnuts out of the recipe, so maybe that would make them more exciting.

Most importantly, the verdict from the kids is that they are good. So maybe these will be come a regular recipe.



Here's the recipe. Beware that the list of ingredients does not include an egg, but the directions do. I almost missed that detail!

No comments: