Friday, May 27, 2011

End of the Preschool Year

Yesterday was Tessa's last day of school for the year, and I had alot of fun joining them for their circus day. I was wise enough to have a friend babysit Charley so I could volunteer as a parent helper and not have to chase him around.

I am very sad and mad at myself that I didn't take a camera with me to circus day. I suck, I know. I'm sorry.

I really do have nothing but marvelous things to say about Tessa's school. It's run through a large church with an awesome wing of children's classrooms. When we first started there when she was two (and Charley was an infant and Mama needed a break), it was a 'parent's day out' program, but over the last year they have evolved into a bonafied preschool with a shiny new remodel and everything.

The staff is amazing as is their Christian based curriculum. Tessa has been going 2 days a week (4 hours each) and in the fall will be doing 3 days a week. The fall after that will be kindergarten and just typing that word makes me want to vomit.

This summer they are doing a summer program call SWAP (summer with a purpose) and BOTH kids will be attending. Still 2 days a week (4 hours each) but with fun themes and sports. You know...more summery.

I know Charley will LOVE it. He is so social with other kids. He'll be the biggest duck in the puddle, I just know it.

And what will I do with 8 hours a week of child-free time? Cry, take a nap, talk to myself...and eventually get around to some long abandoned projects like cleaning out closets.


Tessa's teachers made a book of all her projects from the year and some great pictures too.




The teachers wrote a little personalized note in each book. Here's what Miss Vicky had to say about Tessa..."My favorite thing about Tessa is her desire to share stories and tell us all about things she's doing or interested in. Tessa is very social and enjoys playing and interacting with the girls. She very much enjoys her lunch and seems to come alive at lunchtime."

No comments: