Monday, May 23, 2011

Summer Reading

There are a couple of places that I can't be trusted when it comes to frivolous spending... Target, Sephora, and the Children's Section of Barnes and Noble.

Charley and I stopped by there while out on a mission to find fake hair for Tessa. Yes I cut all her hair off only to find out she needs a ponytail for recital. Not so long story short, the girl is going to wear some fake hair. If only I had bought the right color.

Anyway, we popped in for this awesome kid's book written by my idol herself, Ree Drummond (aka the Pioneer Woman). It's all about her real-life lazy basset hound. So cute!
But while there, I got a little out of hand. Tessa has been asking for some more 'big kid' books cause alot of hers are short and babyish. So we have some summer reading plans!
Yes I feel a little guilty that I bought all of these new, off the rack and not from a used bookstore or checked from the library. Our town has an amazing library and I realize that I could have gone there (and gotten over my slight library phobia...it's a navigation thing, not a germ thing). But I figure these are long term keepers, so why not invest. Classics.

On my list of things to do this summer is also do a toy and book purge of anything too baby-ish for my kids. Look out Erin, we're coming at you with a donation!

I also picked up these two more 'technical' type books for Tessa. She is fascinated by them. In the human body one she was studying the heart and simply and quietly commented....wow, it's so beautiful.

1 comment:

erin said...

Erin is so ready! Bring on the loot! And,.. Aunty Erin is also excellent at navigating the Greenwood and the Central Indy libraries. I've frequented both if you need a tour guide sometime :)