Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Just Being Six

There's something about Tessa's age right now that I really love. I really thought that a five year old Kindergartener was going to be the age I missed the most, until I met my spunky, toothless, clever, barely reading, optimistic six year old.

Her joy and rosie outlook are infectious to the whole house. She's clever and creative but with more self awareness than she had last year. All of the sudden she has a determination that she never had before...to actually listen in dance class instead of picking her nose, to do her homework without giving me a hard time, to design her own one of a kind Halloween costume.

It's like the start of first grade flipped a switch that reminded her that the world is her oyster and she can do anything....but yet she's too young to be all anxious about it. She's just being six.

"Now We Are Six"

When I was one,
I had just begun.
When I was two,
I was nearly new.
When I was three,
I was hardly me.
When I was four,
I was not much more.
When I was five,
I was just alive.
But now I am six,
I'm as clever as clever.
So I think I'll be six
now and forever.
Author: A.A. Milne

No comments: