Sunday, September 26, 2010

Friday at the Theatre

When my friend Traci told me that she was taking her kids to see a live production of The Little Mermaid, I couldn't resist taking Tessa for her first real play.

So Friday morning we got all gussied up, picked up some friends and went to Beef and Boards. It was fabulous and the kids loved it. It was a one hour musical, the original version which is a little different from Disney....but Tessa didn't notice or care that she was not named 'Ariel'.

All of our kids sat mesmerized the whole show. I'm pretty sure that Tessa didn't move a muscle for 60 minutes. I'm sad that there next kid's play (Cinderella) isn't until May. Beef and Board's production was almost exactly like the theatre company I worked for briefly in California.....weekday morning shows for mostly school groups, one hour musicals, classic children's stories...except we did like 7-10 productions a year! I guess I didn't realize at the time what a treat that is for parents in that area.

The kids were excited before the show even started....rice krispie treats!


I tried to get some shots of the girls watching the show, but the no flash policy made it difficult...so this is the best I could do.



During the meet and greet, Tessa would very quietly say 'dank you for the show' and then hide her hand in her face. Once we got close to Melody (aka Ariel) she got super nervous just as I expected she would.

Rachel took her picture but Tessa refused. She very quietly said 'take her picture but not mine', so here's some other random blonde girl meeting her.....


I lent Joshua the camera and he got some good scenery shots of our day.




(the scary pumpkin guy is from the Cracker Barrel store)


Jeremy was in town so it was nice that he got to take a few hours of the morning off and hang with Charley. There was no way I was going to wrestle monkey boy into a seat for a show. So what did Charley and Daddy do with their time together? You guessed it...

1 comment:

Jersey Mama said...

Oh how fun! I wish there were places around here that did productions like that. What a treat!