Wednesday, November 07, 2012

My Easy DIY for School Papers!

I'm one of those people who can't stand things to just be slapped on the fridge. That's not to say there's not a ton of stuff on my fridge. There is. Mostly pictures that people send us in Christmas cards, and some important things to remember like doctor numbers. I also still have my Mantra that I scribbled on scrap piece of paper many years ago when I was a stressed out new Mom.

But clutter makes my brain hurt. 

To control school papers and art projects on the fridge, I came up with this idea for kids to display their stuff. Whatever they want to display. THEY are in control of what is hanging on these, which is also kinda fun for them.


Did I mention that I'm also the kind of person who loves EASY projects?...

So plain frames without glass or backing were on sale at Hobby Lobby. These were around $12 each. Then I bought some cork board and teal paint. Attached cork, painted frames, hung. Done. 

These pictures make these look black but they're actually a dark teal. Not exactly what I was invisioning when I bought the bottle of paint, but I'll take it. (Excuse the  mess on our art table, Operation Christmas Child packing!)

Charley has been tracing his name and Tessa has been following the governments guidelines for healthy meals.
Voila!