Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Weekend Visit

We had a very nice weekend. On Friday we drove up to Elkhart in Northern, IN to have a little visit with my Gramaw and Grampaw Sargent (Tessa's great grandparents). It was great to see them, and I think they were thoroughly entertained by Tessa's babbling and playfulness. Jeremy cooked a nice lunch for us all and we headed back Saturday evening.

The best part about the 3 hr car ride was using my new Ipod. Yes it's true, I've finally entered the 21st century and got my first Ipod for Christmas...thanks Clay! Using Jeremy's music library and my Itunes gift card I have a very nice playlist, so that's fun. Here are some pics from our weekend...


Tessa wanted to show off the little pink bug shoes my Mom got her. They are shoes but she thinks that they are just cool new toys that she can pull off of her feet and chew on. (I'm not sure why her face is covered in food in this pic...it always is) I got called out of the church service for the first time because Tessa was having an epic meltdown in the nursery. When I was there she was fine. I think after all this time she if finally starting to figure out that when she's in there I'm not. This seperation anxiety thing is a phase I know but exhausting for me, especially when we're just here at home and I just go into the bathroom and she loses it. We play peekabo all the time, that's supposed to help, but we'll see. When she's in the nursery on Wed. I'm just going to tell them she may cry, come get me if she screams. I guess it's good to be needed :-)

No comments: