Thursday, February 11, 2010

Our House Salad

I can only assume that when it's time to make a salad to accompany a meal, every household has a different version of their favorite.

In the Bennington home, this is our standard house salad. It's a delicious standby.



--Romaine Lettuce (I prefer the crunch but dislike iceburg)
--Chopped carrots or celery (or both)
--Blue Cheese crumbles (lowfat when available)
--Splash of Olive Oil, double splash of Balsamic Vinegar
--Pinch of Red Salt

What is red salt? All I know is that it is red, super tasty and worth a little extra cash. I'm slightly addicted to it.



Come by on any day for a meal, and we will more than likely have the makings for our house salad.

4 comments:

phasejumper said...

What a neat thing to post about! We don't usually serve salad-unless it comes on a taco!!

The Patterson Family said...

Looks Good! Someday I'll have to try your salt..maybe I can get you to try some of my homemade dressings!

TLS said...

Love your salad!!

Shelly said...

Yum!! We LOVE salads at our house too...every kind! Lately I've been making a lot of broccoli sunshine salad- crunchy and flavorful (and can be made low-fat if using light mayo!) Romaine is my favorite lettuce too!