Tuesday, January 04, 2011

My Cookie Project week #10- Carrot Cookies

This might be a surprising way to start a cookie recipe....carrots!
Mmmm, carrots. If a carrot cookie sounds strange to you then I assume you've never enjoyed the equally as delicious tastiness of a carrot cake.


These are the main ingredients- carrots, pineapple and raisins. I'm thinking this may be a healthy way to kick off the new year, but have to be careful not to fool myself. They are still cookies. The ratio of this healthy stuff to the unhealthy stuff (flour, sugar, butter) is about 50/50. But that' a healthier ratio than M&M cookies right?
Anyway, I have to remind myself that the main goal of my cookie project is to learn to like baking, and make delicious treats for the kids. Not to expand my waistband.

It's that a beautiful bowlful?



Okay so I had to taste test. I couldn't get a good picture of the colorful inside, but you can see it a bit. They are very pretty.

No comments: