Thursday, September 01, 2011

Cheering Up

I've not had the easiest time with my bum leg. It's getting better every day but my spirit has been dragging. I don't like being waited on, I don't like breaking routine and I'm starting to feel like a slug sitting around so much.

Today was my first day out into the world since Sunday. I drove the kids to school and then took myself on a short trip to Target. After about 10 min of walking I was ready to drop, but it was nice while it lasted.

While at Target I picked up a gift for the kids. Partially to thank them for being so good, and partially to apologize for myself being so grumpy...



They like it...no they love it. And who cares about rules, when Charley is playing every game is just 'I won' anyway.

So things are starting to look up around here. I even walked around the house some today without my space boot on, and that's good progress. The freezer food has been a blessing as well as Mom being able to help for two days.

So I need to stop complaining and knashing my teeth. Life is good. And trying to remember this bible passage from 2 Corinthians 4:

16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

No comments: