Monday, September 12, 2011

Serious and Sad Stuff- Finding Hope

I'm not good with serious stuff. Not in writing or in real life. I tend to run the other way and then wait for a good time to make awkward inappropriate jokes.

So I feel like I should say something about 9/11, about the ladies brunch I went to on Saturday to raise awareness for human trafficking and prostitution in Indianapolis. But I don't know where to begin. I guess it's fair to say that both events opened my eyes to the gratitude I need to have on a daily basis, and realizing the importance of life.

No injuring my foot was not the end of the world, so I need to stop acting like it.

Then this morning I got on FB and saw that someone had nominated my friend Shannon as a 'Mom who changed the world'. You may remember me writing about Shannon and the loss of her baby to SIDS, and how my online community came to her side in the most amazing ways.

I know I don't have a huge readership but Google once told me I had enough traffic to warrant advertising if I wanted it (which I don't). So I am asking you to please go on this site and vote for Shannon. If she wins, money will be donated to aid in SIDS research.

Click and just click "like" like you do on facebook. It's that simple. THANKS

And so there were alot of sad reminders this weekend, but I am choosing not to be sad. There is always hope, given by God, and we can endure all things.

I'll leave you with a song because more than anything else I can think of, I draw inspiration and happiness from music. Listening to it, singing it, talking about it. I love this band and I love the words of this song....

1 comment:

phasejumper said...

I'm the same way with serious stuff!
Voting now!