Saturday, April 20, 2013

Tessa's Pottery Party

I posted the other day about how we were trying to keep Tessa's birthday simple this year. I would say we succeeded with flying colors. Rather than a huge over the top party at our house that required days of preparation...we opted to take it on the road.

Tessa invited 6 little friends (and her brother as a bonus of course) to a local pottery studio, where they were able to pick and item and paint it. This week they will glaze and fire them for the kids to keep and treasure forever. Then we had snacks, cupcakes and opened presents. The kids all had a great time and it was so easy on our part.

I mean, I spent $20 at Target on some cupcakes and snacks. And then the lady who worked there cleaned everything up. Why hasn't anyone told me about this idea before?

I can't complain, though. We do like to have parties at our house. We're planning a huge summer bbq right now.

Best of all, of course, is that the kids really had a lot of fun. 

Charley made a blue shark with yellow polka dots and bloody teeth. 





The birthday girl made a rainbow whale piggy bank. 




This place has all kinds of houseware items like switch plates and vases and serving trays. I'm determined to go back sometime without kids and have some fun of my own!

No comments: