Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Weekend Recap




We had a really great Easter weekend. One of the best I can remember.

Friday the kids and I went to see a real life crucifix reenactment. It went on for 12 hours with a real person hanging on. I'm assuming they rotated the position? Either way the kids were really impressed by it and I think it was a good way to show them what the cross really looked like. Later in the day we drove by it again per Tessa's request.

Saturday we had breakfast at Sophias followed by several hours at church doing an egg hunt all kinds of other festivities...face painting, bounce houses, games, and Jeremy's newly acquired favorite hobby,  balloon animals (the bonus of him acquiring this hobby would be free bday party entertainment!) 

Saturday afternoon my stylist Keely came by the house to dye my hair and give the whole family haircuts. It ended up that way because she is currently between salons, but I'm thinking I kinda like it. Everyone gets beautified at once and it's all in the comfort of our own yard. I think this is how the celebrities do it.

My only complaint is that Jeremy's hair is so thick and furry that it stuck to the patio and couldn't be swept away. I wonder if that happens to the celebs too.












We also used the method we adopted last year to make silk dyed Easter eggs out of old ties.






Sunday we got up and did baskets. I took pictures of them and they accidentally got deleted :(

I took pics of the kids hunting and enjoying their baskets and they accidentally got deleted :(

Boo hoo. But I can't really complain. It's not like I don't have 50,000 pics of my kids doing cool stuff. I'll live.

Then we headed down the farm and stayed all day and into the evening. It was a beautiful day and we spent most of it outside enjoying the farm. We even had a cookout this year and ate burgers on the deck like it was summertime. 
















Jeremy and I were there but for some reason we didn't appear in any of Mom's pictures. Maybe we were too busy blowing things up.


That's my first target ever. Not bad huh? I really wanted to shoot at marshmallow peeps but nobody else was feeling it. I mean c'mon, wouldn't that have been funny?

No comments: