Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Not To Be Outdone...

....by big sister's Kindergarten adventures, Charley had his first day of preschool for the year!

He was there last year and in the S.W.A.P. (summer with a purpose) program this summer, so he knows the place well. The plan last year was for him to be there once or twice a week to get used to it, but when all  hell broke loose and I got my robo-foot, we were so thankful that TLZ made room for him three days a week. He loves it there.

Today he moved up from the 2-3 age group to the 3-4 age group, where everyone is potty trained and learn more 'big kid' things like letters and numbers.

He'll be going T and Th from 10-2. Between bussing him and Tessa, Tuesdays and Thursdays will become the days you'll find me in my car driving around town. I should paint my car yellow and start charging.

Today I celebrated my solo time by getting my weekly allergy shots and some taco bell. Man, I know how to party. 

He got a laptop lunchbag too! 



He didn't seem to notice that he best little buddy isn't in his class this year. Maybe he'll make a new best little buddy. That's life sometimes.


We sure do love TLZ (The Learning Zone at Emmanuel). I think I should write a whole seperate post about this preschool and the staff there. And then write a song and dedicate it to them. And then stand out on the street corner with one of those sandwich board signs telling people how awesome they are.


No comments: