Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dare I say?...

That I think we are potty trained. The exception to that would be that she still wears diapers for nap and bedtime....but I'm not thinking we will attack that anytime soon. She still sleeps about 11 hours at night and I just don't think there's any way she can hold it that long.

So I guess you would call her 'daytime' trained. I think this week it finally clicked for her that no matter where we go, she can potty there...either on the 'car potty' or the big potty in the restroom. This week she tried toilets at Target, Japanese Steakhouse and twice while at church. She used her 'car potty' like 5 times.

She's also gotten into the hang of knowing ahead of time and telling me. Granted I usually don't have much notice but a little is better than none.

I'm so proud of her! I was dreading this potty training thing but can't believe how ready she was. I think the most important keys to our success have been: no pull ups or diapers allowed when awake, an M&M for each potty or a sucker for each potty outside of the house, and the 'car potty' so she can go no matter where we are.

I'll be the first to admit that our month of June has not been easy though. Jeremy's been gone alot and potty training has been my full time job. I breastfeed, potty, breastfeed, potty, breastfeed...cook dinner, potty, dishes, breastfeed. You get the hang of it. Yup I'm pretty worn out.

When I say 'car potty', I'm referring to the potette plus travel potty. It collapses for easy transport and you use plastic bags as liners to pitch in the trash. It can also be unfolded to uses as a potty seat on a big toilet. Aka...my new best friend.

No comments: