Wednesday, November 24, 2010

It Pays To Have Friends

....in different states! My college friend (and roomie) Stephany loved the Charlie Brown pageant set but couldn't find it in Rhode Island, where she lives. She asked me to send her one and I threw in some of my homemade soap.

She was all set to reimburse me for the set and shipping and I told her rather than send me cash, how about a box for us of East Coast stuff. Isn't that SO much more fun??

Well today I received my Rhode Island loot! Check it out: a book for the kids, pine soap, lobster cookie cutter, lemonade and two things that are very mysterious to me....white corn meal and coffee syrup. Must be an East Coast thing.

THANK YOU STEPH!!

3 comments:

Stephany said...

You are MOST welcome!
Lobster Cookie Cutter - because you can't be baking cookies and not make lobster sugar cookies!
Autocrat - coffee milk - add to milk and drink, warm or cold.
Good Night RI - our favorite book to send out of staters!
Dels Lemonade - a frozen lemonade made here locally that is beyond delicious and only available in the summer time - freeze that puppy up and you all can enjoy a taste.
Pine Soap - made from one of the oldest soap factories in the country. You'll smell just like a christmas tree!
Kenyons White Cornmeal - one of the oldest and still working cornmills in the state. Make the recipe for Johnny Cakes on the box - Johnny Cakes are a RI staple! great to go with roasts or soup or even as a snack!

phasejumper said...

That is so cool! I'm jealous of the cookie cutter and curious about the coffee milk! Ben is getting the Charlie Brown nativity set for Christmas from my mom, Wahoo!

Anonymous said...

Great post. Can’t wait to read the next ones :)