Sunday, March 13, 2011

Big Boy Bed

Just a minute ago I told Jeremy I was going to go upstairs and take a picture of Charley sleeping, using the night setting on our camera. He looked at me like I had two heads.

Luckily, he didn't wake. Whew, I can exhale now.

Notice anything exciting? That's Charley in a toddler bed! We moved it in last week after having our carpet replaced (note the new carpet too....ooh, pretty) . He did really well. It took a couple of nights worth convincing, but at this point I think he knows it's his bed and it's pretty comfy.

Sadly, he's waking up a little earlier than normal and getting out of bed, but we'll live.

Also notice the monkey quilt in the picture? That's another beautiful creation from Jeremy's mom, a Christmas present for Charley. It's perfectly sized for his new bed.

After he's fully adjusted to the bed we're moving on to the next frontier...potty training! Actually he's been going in the potty every night after bathtime but I guess I mean REAL potty training. Pray for me!

Thanks to Kelly and Bill by the way for giving us the toddler bed! They handed it over before they got pregnant, and now that Kevin is here, we will just plan to hand it back in about two years and move Char into a twin bed. Works out perfectly.

2 comments:

phasejumper said...

Yeah for a big boy bed! LOVE the quilt!

Katie said...

Aww look at Charley in his big boy bed!! Wasn't he just born?? And that quilt is darling.