Monday, December 03, 2012

Everyone Needs a Singing Cheesball

I think it was fate that we bought these two singing Christmas novelties on the same day. I think it was God blessing us with the exact hilarious Christmas cheer that we needed.

I mean, don't get me wrong...I am a fan of nice looking Christmas decor. Some antique glass ornaments even hang from our tree, and Mamaw's beautiful hand made Santas adorn our dining room. I call the decor 'class country Christmas' at our house.

But every once in a while, these kind of thing are just RIGHT and you shouldn't question them.

For instance, a singing cheesball card.


  My Awesome Singing Cheeseball! from Laura Sargent Bennington on Vimeo.

I literally peed my pants at Target. No seriously, I have urethra problems.

The back story here is that I am well known for my delicious cheese ball, which is simply the world's easiest holiday contribution. Long before Jeremy taught me to cook, I mastered the corned beef cheese ball. Four ingredients!

Oh and in case you couldn't understand what he said...

I am a blend of many fine cheeses
It's Christmas again, the birthday of Jesus
Rolled in chopped nuts with crackers around me
It's nice to be out, enjoying the party

This may be one of those instances where MY reaction is more over the top than the average person. I keep making people listen who chuckle a little and then I have to say.....no wait, you must not have heard it right. He rhymed CHEESES with JESUS. hahahahaha!

In the store, my Mom asked me who I was mailing it to. Uh, no one. It now lives on my fridge. It was also embarrassingly expensive for a greeting card ($8). I have no shame.


Then at Menards, Jeremy's world was rocked by an equally awesome gun happy Snowman.

Jeremy's Singing Gun-Happy Snowman from Laura Sargent Bennington on Vimeo.

The back story here is simply that Jeremy likes to shoot guns and hunt. And it's just funny. And Charley LOVES it (before you worry, we do have very strict rules about how toy guns are to be played with and ya-da ya-da...basically if you pretend to shoot a person it gets taken away immediately, even people on the TV).

By the way, this year Jeremy got his first buck, 9 points.


So we have a LOT of venison in our freezer and a mounted deer head coming at some point. I told Jer, I was okay with that as long as it didn't live in the living room or kitchen where it would be LOOKING at me all day.

I know, I know. Everybody has one.

Oh, everybody doesn't have one where you live? Oh, you must not be from around here.
 


No comments: