Thursday, April 02, 2009

Thursday Breakfasts with Mommy

Thursdays are library day which doesn't start until 10:15 so it's our only late morning where we don't have to be out the door by 8:30 or 9. So when Jeremy's out of town I've gotten into the habit of taking both kiddos out for breakfast at Sophia's pancake house before library.

It works out really nicely cause we have plenty of time to have a nice big breakfast (then Charley eats his breakfast at the library)and take our time out on the town. Sometimes we go to Target afterward because we aren't in our usual hurry to get home for lunch before the toddler loses it.

The lady at Sophia's has come to know us and now looks forward to seeing us once in a while. They all dote over Charley while he sleeps through the whole thing. Tessa has a kid's breakfast plate that consists of eggs, a sausage, a piece of bacon and toast. I myself have to be very careful not to be gluttonous with options like biscuits and gravy tempting me....instead I go for eggs,turkey sausage, and wheat toast.

The best part is the that we get out of there for $13 and Tessa usually has enough breakfast leftover for Friday as well. Oh and I don't have to cook anything or clean up the kitchen. Double yay!

btw Charley's one full night was indeed a fluke. Last night he was up at 3:30 like normal and just to make it extra fun he choked while nursing and threw up all over both of us so we had to change clothes. That's more like it.

2 comments:

phasejumper said...

What a fun tradition....

LeeandLoren said...

Hey, it's Peggy from MOPs, how do I follow your blog? For some reason I'm not getting updates. Side note- Xander has been getting up @ around 3:30am, call me, we can be groggy together!