Wednesday, October 06, 2010

A New Favorite

Thanks to Netflix on demand we discovered a new favorite kid's movie this weekend. Since Disney refuses to do on demand movies, the options are sometimes slim.

But both kids love love loved...



It was originally a Japanese movie that has been dubbed over in English with some famous voices like Tina Fey and Betty White. Since it's Anime I wasn't sure I would like it but it is visually stunning (which is why Char likes it) and the story is very cute too.

I read a little about it on IMDB and was surprised to find out that the entire two hours of animation was done by hand....something that Disney hasn't done since Sleeping Beauty in 1959. Given how beautiful some of the graphics are, that is really impressive.

I feel like I'm watching a cute and heartwarming piece of art.

3 comments:

Allison Reddick said...

I'm so glad you found this!! Olivia LOVES LOVES LOVES Ponyo! We have it on Blu-Ray. She will quote the movie sometimes and whenever she sees a fish...she calls it Ponyo. Great movie! The director of this has some other movies that are great and O loves....Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, and Howl's Moving Castle. We have them all on DVD if you ever want to borrow!

Peggy said...

I love these movies! So do the kids, also check 'My neighbor Totoro' that was one of his first movies. We watch one of these each week, they are all so amazing!

Anonymous said...

hi!This was a really splendid post!
I come from milan, I was fortunate to discover your blog in wordpress
Also I get much in your topic really thank your very much i will come every day