Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Beautiful Sign

I had been thinking about having a sign with the 'fruit of the spirit' (Gal 5: 22-23) made for some time, but when I learned that Tessa's school was focusing on learning the fruit of the spirit over the course of the summer....I considered this a SIGN from the Lord. Time to memorize!

Tessa actually does have them all memorized already but I can't take credit for that. Her school has been teaching them a catchy little song, the only part of which Charley remembers is 'the fruit of the spirit is not a grape, SQUISH!!'.

So I have a friend (part of this crowd) who make lovely handmade signs for people's homes. She will custom makes them saying anything you want, so I commissioned our sign and it arrived in the mail a few days ago.....
She made it with a piece of nicely distressed wood to match Tessa's log cabin bedroom, as well as pink lettering of course.

Pay no attention to the monkey jumping into my picture.


Tessa loves it! Thanks Lauren, you are the bomb diggity!

No comments: