Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Charley's First Movie Theater Trip

It was 97 degrees today in Indy so we headed off to the movies. Isn't that the kind of thing that excessively hot days are good for?

We decided to see Rio, a cartoon about tropical birds. It was super cute. I'm not going to lie and pretend that I didn't doze of on two separate occasions, but Disney shouldn't take that as any indication in the quality of the film.

The kids each got a 'kid's pack' which is a junior popcorn, fruit gummies and a pop. Junk food city. Basically this was lunch today, and it cost as much as a meal in a restaurant!

Once Charley got his kid's pack he was like a wild animal, hunting for the place to sit and feast. We had to walk to the end of a long hall for our theater and I thought his head might explode. "Daddy! I gots me KA KORN, KA KORN!!!".

Yes he call me Daddy all of the time. I try not to take it personally.



Once he was done with his ka korn he was ready to get out of his seat and inspect the little lights on the theater stairs. But overall he did great. Tessa was completely enamored and engrossed with the excitement of going to the theater. She has only been twice before, to see Toy Story 3 and Tangled.

Honestly, since we have a nice HD tv and comfy couches, not to mention a supply of my brother's home grown popcorn to eat....I can't really justify the cost of the movie theater. It's fun once in a blue moon but just doesn't make alot of sense for us. We'll probably go again later this summer to see Cars 2.

And in the fall, I'll be there for Breaking Dawn of course. Me, my Mom and all of the pre-pubescent girls of Johnson County.

1 comment:

phasejumper said...

"Daddy", lol!
I'll be watching Breaking Dawn, too!