Monday, June 06, 2011

Charley's First Day of School

The church where Tessa attends preschool also has a summer program called SWAP which stands for 'summer with a purpose'. It started today and look at who joined her!

They will be going 8 hours a week (two days at four hours each). EIGHT HOURS A WEEK to myself. I think I might lose my mind! My plan for today was to start cleaning out closets but instead I sat on my tush and watched a movie, haha! That really can't be my plan for the whole summer. Just sometimes :)


Charley was such a stud. He was SO excited that he finally got to go into Tessa's school with his own backpack and lunchbag. I dropped Tessa off first and he was ready to drop his bags and join right in with the 4 year olds. I directed him to his class and he banged on the door for me to open. He was ready!

And I have to take a moment to brag...my goal was for him to start SWAP in underpants and he totally did. Dry all day, no problems. That's my little man!

I told Jeremy later he was like the 'big man on campus'. The SWAP program will be more like day camp or VBS than school and they are going to do SO many cool things this summer. I think it will be great for everyone.

Even Mommy....who can be found at home either asleep on the couch or knee deep in the closets talking to herself.

No comments: