Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Expanding our Cardboard Village

Yesterday was pretty low key day around here. Can you believe that over the weekend I was sick AGAIN? I swear I never get sick, but this summer and fall has been like year of the illness for me. I'm blaming allergies and little people. Sunday morning I had chills and was achy and my first thought of course was- swine flu! But luckily no, just a cold and nobody else got it.

Anyway, still recouping we laid low yesterday and did some art. I also had intentions of having Tessa help me with a pumpkin pie. We didn't have any condensed milk so when our attempt to make some turned into a pan of burnt milk, I instead made pumpkin baby food. Charley loved it!

We painted pumpkins. I need to buy some acrylic paints, cause while the finger paints worked okay, now that it's dry it's all peeling off. Fun anyway.




To add onto the princesses' oatmeal house, we decided the horses needed a barn too. It's got a lot of great features including a utility lamp, bail of hay and watering trough. And while I realize horses don't sleep in beds, Tessa doesn't know that.

The 'retractable roof' can open and close depending on the weather. Tessa helped me paint the cardboard flower pots green, then we filled them with red flowers!

Her horse named Copper (she calls all three of her horses Copper after the horse at the fair) seems to enjoy his new digs.

2 comments:

Stephany said...

you are such a crafty mama!!!

phasejumper said...

Looks like y'all had fun!