Thursday, July 24, 2008

Addicted to Liquid

I had a routine OB appointment today for peanut and got to hear a strong hearbeat, yay! While I was there I asked the doc to test my pee (since they already had some) for a bladder infection. I've been peeing SOOO much, so much that I cannot sleep cause I'm up every 30 min. Doc noted it is awfully early in pregnancy for that....that usually comes later when the baby is squishing your bladder.

So they're going to test it and get back to me.

But of course he asks 'do you drink too much liquid?' Well frankly I probably do. I've always been a big drinker, haha. I know part of the problem is that I drink alot but how can I not? I'm thirsty ya know, and since I'm pregnant (and when I was breastfeeding too) I don't want to get dehydrated.

I dunno, is this alot?:
~8-12 oz of juice
~8-12 oz of skim milk
~72 oz of water (3 refills on my giant cup)
~24 oz of diet coke (2 cans)
~12-24 oz of assorted other liquids (non-alcho beer, caf free pop, iced or hot tea)

= approx 135oz of liquids a day

Do most people (pregnant or not) drink alot less than that?- honest question.

No comments: